Monday, January 26, 2009

My heart is sooo full!

This is my Great Grandmother Blanche. She was born in 1913...yes she is nearly 96 years old...in fact on the 20th of February she will be, the same day as my little Sammy. I love her so much...the more I spend time with her the more I feel my heart swell. She as so many stories about life before me that I could sit and listen to her all day long. She is a one of a kind women, not one that would ever take advantage of someone, in fact when I do things for her she is always trying to pay me for doing it. I have to keep reminding her that I most certainly didn't pay her for changing my diaper. My heart will nearly tear in two when she passes away. She told me the other day that she will be the oldest of her family when she is 96 and 3 months. She will have lived longer then anyone before her of her family. WOW!!! I hope she lives to be 100 and with all the memory she has now. I don't want her to be miserable but for her age she is still living by herself and does nearly everything for herself. I try to get her mail for her and I sort her pills out weekly then I also take her to the doctor and various other appointments when her son (my grandfather) can't. But she does really well for herself and I hope that I can be like her when I grow old. Please pray for her that she will see her need for Christ Jesus before her time to pass away comes.

3 comments:

ProudMom said...

What a precious picture! I love the new pictures of the kids too. They're getting so big! :)

CityGirl said...

Loved the picture! I always enjoyed cleaning for her. So sweet! I often wonder how she is doing. So nice to see her in a picture! Tell her 'hello' from us. Yes, I'll keep her in my prayers.

Heather said...

Thank you Leah.