Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fort Robinson reunion/vacation!!!

Here is my family that got to go to Fort Rob. April unfortunately had sick kids and was moving while we were having a relaxing weekend. This year (the 2nd year) we got T-shirts...all the girls got pink and the boys blue and the adults just did gray.
This is what we did allot. On the houses called adobes there is a wonderful porch that is great to sit under. It is the front of the house and along the back sides of the house so we sat allot and visited.
While everyone but Lance and I and the girls, we went on a stage coach ride. I can't remember the price for this 10 minute ride but it was like a couple of $ for the adults and one dollar for the kids. At first I was like disappointed it was only going to be a 10 minute ride but I soon discovered that you don't care to go any longer then that, it was a VERY rough ride. I REALLY like my modern transportation.
On Sunday evening it decided to rain, that was very enjoyable to sit on the front porch and watch it rain...the only damper was there is a short rodeo (rancher style) that goes on but it was raining so hard that they canceled it.
On Monday morning before we left Lance and I got to on our jeep ride while everyone else watched our kids...hehehhe! It was a very fun and enjoy trip. The scenery was FANTASTIC...I took so many pictures that I haven't even showed them all to you. I really enjoyed doing the photograph thing.
This is our next years housing arrangements for our 3rd annual McCoy reunion!!! Actually it is one very simlar to this one...we got to go in this one and check it out. We will be staying in on that is a duplix unit. This is one of the victorian house down the end of the row of housing that the officers and his family would live in. This one is actually an one family unit but they have made it in to sleeping for @ 22 peoples. There are 3 "bricks" as they call them. I can't wait to share pictures for next years. I will have to dig up the pictures I took of our adobe from last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey heather, i think this house might actually be big enough for our family!! Coupe more years and we'll exceed that capacity too.