Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bathroom update

I have decided to post some progress photos of the bathroom. Just to refresh or inform some of you we tore out ALL the plaster and lath. We decided we really needed more space in that bathroom so we stole the closet from one bedroom and made the other one smaller (this closet was bigger then the standard size). So Lance had some framing to do. So this is the framing back up process.

This is where what use to be our bedroom closet(we traded rooms with the kids)is. We shorted it up probably a foot or so. That is where the sink sat so that is where the sink will sit again...of course back just a bit. Here is a picture of the rest of the unfinished bathroom...as you can see some of the sheet rock is been put up. We also added an attic enterence in the ceil of the bathroom...a much easier access then above the closet. This is all the further we were when Labor Day came.

5 comments:

mjoseph said...

That's great progress!! It looks like a big, fun project. I just wonder if 35 screws will hold that piece of sheetrock up on the south wall there or if you need to put in a few more just in case :) Fun pix... look forward to more progress updates...

Jamimania said...

ha ha.. your brother in law cracks me up. :) It's looking good, but I feel for you, I know how dreadful long home improvements are, but they are fantastic when they're complete. It's that mess in between that makes it not so fun. You guys are doin' good tho and getting there. You'll love it when it's finished. I covet that clawfoot tub you'll be putting in. Wait... we're not supposed to covet. Um... I am really glad for you that you'll have that awesome clawfoot tub in there. ;) Be sure to post more, I love seeing the updates.

CityGirl said...

Looks like you're doing a great job! I applaud anyone who does jobs like this on their own. Jason and I ....not so much. We are just not the 'handy man' kind:)

Lianne said...

Heather, I'm excited that the bathroom is getting there. I can't wait to see the finished product. We should probably celebrate by having Thanksgiving Dinner in your "john". :)

Anonymous said...

hi heather, i enjoyed all the pics. there great! the bathroom will be awesome. the kids have grown-wow! talk soon, leah